Young Life to Hold Consignment Sale

YL Consignment 1

By BETSY BETHEL

Life Editor

The Young Life Children’s Consignment Sale on Thursday through Saturday on the first floor of the old CentreTown Fitness building in Wheeling is a win-win-win-win, said organizer Leslie Underdonk.

Those who benefit include parents who want to shed their children’s toys and clothes by donating them; consignors who receive cash for their items; community members who have the opportunity to buy items at low prices; and Young Life members in the Ohio Valley who need financial assistance to attend camp.

Underdonk said the Young Life sale uses an online system that allows the consignors to set their prices and print barcode labels to pin on the items. It’s easier for the sellers as well as the Young Life volunteers running the sale because all they have to do is scan the tag, and the money is automatically tallied for the right consignor.

The sale also is nice for people who are too busy to man their own tables during sale hours. Consignors dropped off their items last week, and Young Life volunteers take care of the rest.

“They just pick up their check on Sunday afternoon,” said Leah Mick, director of YoungLives, a ministry of Young Life that serves teen mothers.

The sale only takes items in good condition.

“We want you to feel like you’re walking into a good consignment shop,” Mick said.

The sale hours are 3:30-8 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, which is half-price day.

Items for sale include children’s clothing sizes newborn to 16; children’s shoes, maternity clothes, toys, games, puzzles, books, DVDs, nursery decor, bikes, yard toys, riding toys, push toys, computer games, diaper bags, high chairs, bath tubs, potty seats, portable cribs, furniture and more.

There is a small fee to consign, and sellers receive 70 percent of the sale price, with the remaining 30 percent going to Young Life.

COMMENTS