Local Thanksgiving Dinners Planned
To celebrate the holiday, A few restaurants and organizations are offering free Thanksgiving feasts today and Thursday.
– Grand Vue Park staff and volunteers in Moundsville will prepare a free Thanksgiving dinner at Grand Vue Park from noon to 3 p.m. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.
The meal is open to all community members. It is designed to provide a meal for anyone who seeks fellowship; does not have the means to travel; or would like to spend time with other community members.
The meal is open to all and is free of charge.
Deliveries will also be available for those who cannot come to the park for a meal, but advance sign-up is required by calling 304-845-9810.
– Also, today, Quaker Steak & Lube is donating full Thanksgiving dinners to the Children’s Home of Wheeling and to the Wheeling Salvation Army.
“Quaker Steak & Lube enjoys being able to reach out and support our surrounding community by giving our time and efforts to help others. Everyone is very excited to come together this holiday to help one another. The Children’s Home of Wheeling and the Salvation Army are two amazing organizations to be working with, and Quaker Steak & Lube is looking forward to being involved with them in the future,” said Stephanie Adams, marketing activities coordinator for Quaker Steak and Lube at The Highlands.
Officials with Quaker Steak will provide the meals to the Children’s Home at 4 p.m. today, with the Salvation Army getting its meals at 5 p.m. Dinners will include turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, tossed salad, fruit salad and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
– In Follansbee, Vito’s 2 restaurant, 570 Main St., is hosting its annual free Thanksgiving buffet on Thursday. Delivery is available by calling 304-527-4440.
– The Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center in Wheeling, 125 18th St., will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday. It will offer a light breakfast at 9 a.m. and a sit-down dinner at noon. The public is welcome.
– The Soup Kitchen of Greater Wheeling, 1610 Eoff St., will host a Thanksgiving dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today.