Officials to Hear Budget Pitches
By SHELLEY HANSON
Ohio County’s department heads are scheduled to make their pitches for the fiscal 2014 budget next week.
Following their regular 6 p.m. Tuesday meeting, Commissioners Orphy Klempa, Tim McCormick and Randy Wharton will hear from the following department heads:
– 6:15 p.m. Sheriff Pat Butler
– 6:45 p.m. Prosecutor Scott Smith
– 7 p.m. Circuit Clerk Brenda Miller
– 7:15 p.m. County Clerk Patty Miller
– 7:30 p.m. Airport Manager Tom Tominack
The hearings are scheduled to continue at 6 p.m. Wednesday with the following slated to speak:
– 6 p.m. Emergency Management Agency Director Lou Vargo
– 6:15 p.m. West Virginia University Extension Center Director John Miller
– 6:30 p.m. Lee Day Report Center Director Fred McDonald
– 6:45 p.m. Assessor Kathie Hoffman
During the hearings, department managers typically present a wishlist of items or equipment they say are needed for their departments. They also often request pay increases for their employees. The fiscal 2013 general fund budget was $12,377,265.
The open hearings are held in Room 215 of the City-County Building, 1500 Chapline St., Wheeling.