Minder Named Belmont County 911 Director

Bryan Minder is now the permanent director of the Belmont County 911 center following a 2-0 vote by commissioners Wednesday.

Minder served for nearly 18 months as acting director of the agency. He took over the position Dec. 31, 2012 after replacing former director Robyn Marshall, and he will be paid $43,500 annually as the new director.

“I’m very pleased (Belmont County commissioners) had the confidence to appoint me to the position permanently,” Minder said. “I thank them for the last 18 months of their support, as well as that from the 911 staff, and fire and EMS agencies in Belmont County.”

Minder said he questioned whether he would be permanently appointed to the position.

“They seemed to be happy with what I was doing, so I just went about doing the job,” he said. “It has gone really well.”

The move by commissioners came following an executive session to discuss the employment and compensation of a private employee that lasted about 30 minutes.

Prior to the executive session, Commissioner Ginny Favede left the commission meeting to address questions about records at the Park Health Center facility previously owned by the county. The meeting at Park Health was scheduled earlier in the week, and the other commissioners were aware of it, according to Favede.

Commissioners Matt Coffland and Mark Thomas continued on with the executive session with county human resources director Mike Kinter, and Favede did not return in time for their 2-0 vote following the session.

Coffland said commissioners had discussed hiring Minder as director over the past two weeks, and decided it was time to make the move.

Kinter presented them with the needed pay and benefit information Wednesday.