Commissioners Grant Road Use, Maintenance Agreements
The natural gas and coal industries continue to grow in Belmont County, and this week county commissioners granted road use and maintenance agreements to energy companies conducting operations in the county.
The following motions were approved by commissioners:
- Two roadway use and maintenance agreements with Oxford Mining Co. for hauling coal and equipment through December 2019.
The first agreement allows the company to use 3.2 miles of County Road 100 from U.S. 40 to North Rogers Road, while the second permits the trucks on 2.4 miles of CR 100 f rom U.S. 40 to County Road 104.
- A use agreement for drilling projects and infrastructure with Gulfport Energy Corp. for use of 3.4 miles of CR 86 (Pugh Ridge Road) for drilling activity at the Conway, Thompson, Malone and Horseshoe pads.
- A use agreement for drilling projects and infrastructure with American Energy-Utica for use of 2.48 miles of CR 56 (Vineyard Road) for drilling activity at the Porterfield well site.
- A use agreement for drilling projects and infrastructure with Hess Ohio Developments LLC for use of 1.3 miles of CR 114 (Fairview Road) for drilling activity at the Kirkwood B well site.
- A use agreement for drilling projects and infrastructure with Gulfport Energy Corp. for use of 1.2 miles of CR 102 (Sandy Ridge Road) for drilling activity at the Warrick Pad.
- A use agreement for pipeline and compressor projects and infrastructure with Ohio Gathering Co. for the use of 1.55 miles of CR 86 (Pugh Ridge Road) for the purpose of constructing pipeline facilities.
Commissioners also passed a motion to advertise for bids for a guardrail on CR 42 (Fulton Hill Road), CR 22 (Ferryview Road) and CR 34 (Hospital Road).
The project will be paid for with $200,000 budgeted by commissioners from this year’s general fund.
They also authorized the signing of two proposals with Glass Unlimited totaling $10,560 for renovations to enhance security at the Belmont County Health Department.