Marshall County Law Enforcement Kept Busy Over Weekend

Marshall County law enforcement had a busy weekend, arresting several people and charging them with various crimes ranging from DUI to grand larceny.

Late last week, police received a report of a vehicle stolen from MarkWest Energy’s Majorsville facility. A man, identified as Waylon Williams, 19, of Cameron, allegedly asked to retrieve a car from inside the station before being turned away.

Williams allegedly entered a vacant vehicle at the scene and drove away, prompting a security guard to report the vehicle stolen. Williams was found nearby on Drunkard Fork Road, where police stopped him after he allegedly was observed swerving, drifting and varying speeds.

At the same time, emergency crews reported a vehicle, registered to Williams, had been involved in a single-vehicle accident.

Police reported Williams seemed confused, had slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. He also had a marijuana pipe in his possession, according to police.

Williams’ blood alcohol content was 0.239 percent, almost three times the legal limit for driving, according to a criminal complaint.

The owner of the vehicle denied knowing Williams, who faces charges of grand larceny, DUI, possession of a controlled substance, and failure to notify officials upon striking fixtures on a highway. He posted $3,500 bond and was released from the Northern Regional Jail in Moundsville.

In an unrelated incident early Saturday, police arrested Michael Kimble, 39, of Moundsville, after he allegedly led police on a series of chases — first in his car, then on foot. When police attempted to stop him for an expired inspection sticker, Kimble allegedly turned onto History Avenue and fled at high speeds, before being cornered in an alley, where he allegedly got out and continued fleeing on foot.

Upon being caught, Kimble allegedly told officers he was scared of going to jail, as he was driving without insurance.

Kimble faces charges of fleeing on foot, obstructing, driving on a suspended license, expired inspection, no insurance, and improper registration. He posted $10,000 bond and was released.

Earlier that week, Louisiana resident Jacob Thompson was also arrested after allegedly instigating a fight with Burger King employees, before fleeing the scene while intoxicated. Once stopped, police reported, Thompson smelled strongly of alcohol and exhibited glassy eyes and drooped eyelids. Thompson allegedly had several violent outbursts during his arrest after failing several field sobriety tests, according to police.

Thompson was charged with third-offense DUI and was released after posting $5,000 bond.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)