Voters Go to The Polls Tuesday
WELLSBURG – Election Day is Tuesday in many West Virginia municipalities.
Voters go to the polls in Bethany, Bethlehem, Follansbee, Hundred, Friendly, Middlebourne, Pine Grove, Valley Grove, Wellsburg, West Liberty and Windsor Heights.
Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
– In Bethany, there is a contested race for council. Five members are to be elected, and there are seven candidates on the ballot. Candidates are Linda Chivers, Thom Furbee, Helen Moren, Ted Pauls, Kerry Shaulis, Patrick Sutherland, and Gary Williamson,
– In Bethlehem, incumbent Recorder Don Junkins faces a challenge from Stephen W. Gulajski.
– In Follansbee, Mayor David A. Velegol Jr. is opposed by Ben Arthurs; and Police Chief John W. Schwertfeger sees a challenge from Paul Arthurs.
Candidates for council in the 1st Ward are Vito (Skip) Cutrone and Thomas D. McMillan Jr.; and in the 2nd Ward, Honey Helen Hedmond and David A. Secrist.
– Friendly has no contested races.
– Hundred has a race for mayor between Charles L. Himelrick and Charles A. Sine.
There are just three candidates for five seats on council – Johanna Lemasters, Brian Bartlett and Donna Himelrick.
– In Middlebourne, there are 10 candidates on the ballot seeking five seats available on council. They are Doug Doak, Bradley Hayes, Vera Henthorn, Robert Jones, Rodney Miller, Dave Myers, Gary Patterson, Susan Pelikan, Steve Roberts and Mike Thomas.
– In Pine Grove, Roy L. Justice is the candidate on the ballot for mayor, while John Hurst is a write-in candidate for the office.
There are four candidates on the ballot seeking to be elected to one of five council seats – Eva A. Adams, Brian Price, Randy Street, and David Williams. Roger Heaters and Bonnie Martin are write-in candidates.
– In Valley Grove, there are seven to be elected to council from among eight candidates – Stephanie Brogan, Wilma Ferrell, John Harto, Chad D. Kleeh, Donna McCave, Patty L. Naumann, Darryl D. Nick and Gerry L. Trager Sr.
– In Wellsburg, there is a contested race for chief of police between Stanley W. Kins and Rudy Sovinski.
Candidates for council in the 1st Ward are Bruce Hunter and David Holden; and in the 2nd Ward, Brian Tennant and Ron E. Michaux.
Four candidates are running as write-ins in the 4th Ward. They are Charles Harris, Janet P. Knox, Virginia Mae McAfee and Mark Williams.
– In West Liberty, Mayor Rosie Miller faces a challenge from Craig Conway.
– In Windsor Heights, Stacy Hornick and James Smith are on the ballot for mayor, while Bill Liposchak is a write-in candidate.
There are five members of council to be elected, and candidates are Judith Ann Bartz, Karen Clyne, Grace Davis, Herbert Hupp, Tuson Johnston, John Kokosinski and Charles “Chuck” Miller. Brian Pollock and Larry Boynes are running as write-in candidates for council.