Gas Well Fire Prompts Evacuation of Homes
HANNIBAL – A fire at a natural gas well site near Hannibal in Monroe County on Saturday resulted in the evacuation of several homes.
The operator of the site said the fire was on the surface and not burning in any of its wells.
A Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper on the scene said there was a car on fire which spread, however, the actual gas well was not on fire.
Statoil USA Onshore Properties said those living near the site had been evacuated and that no one was injured.
The State Highway Patrol said about five people volunteered to leave their homes.
Published reports stated the site has eight wells with just one that is currently producing.