Pats on the Back
– To Sarah Czapp, daughter of George and Jocelyn Czapp of Warwood, for excelling at dance, despite being born without a left leg and hip and with several other medical conditions. Sarah, 7, performed with the dance line during the halftime show at the OVAC All-Star Football Game in July.
– To Shriners hospitals, which have helped Sarah and many other children. Mr. and Mrs. Czapp note the Shriners hospitals have never charged them for any medical treatment.
– To Bethany College, which announced last week it has received reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission for the next 10 years.
– To Wheeling attorney T.C. McCarthy Jr., recently named this year’s recipient of the Fred H. Caplan Award, by the West Virginia Association for Justice. The award was given in recogntion of McCarthy’s “extraordinary and outstanding service to West Virginia.”
– To Boy Scouts Benjamin Holliday, Kelley Riedel and Justin Riggs, for cleaning up the walking/bicycling trail known as the “Pig Path” in Woodsdale.
– To former Wheeling Fire Department Assistant Chief Ed Geisel, who retired last week after 40 years of service.