| || |
Top 10 Reasons I Wish I Were Still on Vacation in Florida
April 17, 2008 - Betsy Bethel
Top 10 Reasons I Wish I Were Still on Vacation in Florida:
10. Discovering all the changes -- most of them positive -- to "Delightful" Dunedin, the city where I spent my middle and high school years.
9. Enjoying deadline-free days.
8. Instead of staring at a computer screen, staring at boats, birds, water, sunshine and my daughter's smiling face.
7. Sleeping in.
6. Eating out.
5. Watching Emma discover new sights, sounds, scents and sensations.
4. Coaxing Emma to kick her feet and paddle her arms in the pool.
3. Not having to guess at the day's weather -- sunny and 80 just about sums it up.
2. Looking around my parents' condo and the beautifully landscaped grounds without feeling compelled to make a mental list of all the work that needs to be done (first of all, everything is perfect; and secondly, even if it weren't, it's not my responsibility to do it!).
And the No. 1 reason I wish I were still on vacation in Florida:
1. Sitting on the wide, white sand beach of Clearwater and soaking up the sun (through a layer of SPF 45 lotion, of course) while watching Emma and her daddy splash in the waves and build sand castles.
And a few reasons I'm happy to be home:
-- Sleeping in my own bed.
-- Getting Emma back on a regular bedtime and naptime schedule.
-- And, yes, going back to work! (I have an even deeper respect for stay-at-home moms now!)
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment