WHEELING - Delegates David Pethtel and Erikka Storch will join the House Finance Committee as new members for the 81st Legislature, Speaker Richard Thompson has announced.
Thompson released committee assignments for the 81st Legislature, and his list has Pethtel, D-Wetzel, serving on both the finance and education committees, as well as retaining his position as chairman of the House Committee on Pensions and Retirement. Pethtel also will remain a member of the veterans affairs and homeland security and constitutional revision committees.
Storch, R-Ohio, will serve as minority chairwoman of the House Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security Committee.
She remains a member of the House Energy, Industry and Labor/Economic Development and Small Business Committee. Storch said she was honored to be named to the Finance Committee.
"It is one of the more prestigious committees, and to be named to the committee in my second term excites me," she said. "I am overall pleased with my committee placements, as well as the placement of other delegates from the Northern Panhandle."
Delegate Randy Swartzmiller, D-Hancock, will join the speaker's leadership team and serve as speaker pro tempore. The leadership role places him on the House Rules Committee.
Committee Assignments For Local Delegates In The 81st Legislature
Speaker Pro-Tempore - Randy Swartzmiller, D-Hancock.
- Finance - David Pethtel, D-Wetzel; and Erikka Storch, R-Ohio
- Judiciary - Mike Ferro, D-Marshall
- Government Organization - Phil Diserio, D-Brooke; Ryan Ferns, D-Ohio; Ronnie Jones, D-Hancock; and Swartzmiller.
- Education - Pethtel and David Evans, R-Marshall
- Health - Diserio and Ferns
- Agriculture - Diserio and Swartzmiller
- Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security- Storch, Ferro, Jones and Pethtel
- Natural Resources - Jones, Swartzmiller
- Banking and Insurance - Ferns (vice chair for banking)
- Pensions and Retirement - Pethtel (chairman) and Jones (vice chairman)
- Political Subdivisions - Ferns and Jones
- Energy, Industry and Labor/Economic Development and Small Business - Diserio (vice chairman for energy) and Storch
- Roads and Transportation - Evans
- Constitutional Revision - Ferro (vice chairman)
- Senior Citizen Issues - Ferro, Pethtel
- Rules - Swartzmiller
Delegate Ronnie Jones, D-Hancock, will be vice chairman of the Pensions and Retirement Committee. Jones also will serve on the government organization, veterans affairs and homeland security, and political subdivisions committees.
Delegate Mike Ferro, D-Marshall, also was tapped as vice chairman of the constitutional revision committee. His other assignments include the judiciary; veterans affairs and homeland security; and senior citizen issues committees.
Delegate Ryan Ferns, D-Ohio, will be the vice chairman for banking within the House Banking and Insurance Committee. He also is a member of the government organization; health; and political subdivisions committees.
Delegate Phil Diserio, D-Brooke, was named vice chairman for energy within the House Energy, Industry and Labor/Economic Development and Small Business Committee. His other committees are government organization; health; and agriculture.
Delegate David Evans, R-Marshall, was named to the education and roads and transportation committees.