Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Harrison Home Explodes

May 21, 2013
The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register

A Scio family lost everything Sunday when their house exploded while they were at church.

The home was located at 422 W. Main St. in the village. Parts of the structure flew into adjoining yards.

Jewett, Scio and Bowerston firefighters responded to the blast shortly before noon. Firefighters said the explosion could be heard and felt miles away. Debris from the blast flew about the neighborhood.

No one was injured, as all the home's residents were away attending church at the time of the blast. The Ohio State Fire Marshal's Office is continuing its investigation.

Authorities were checking to see if the explosion might be related to a natural gas problem, although the homeowner said he wasn't aware of one.

 
 

EZToUse.com

I am looking for: