The trial for a Burgettstown man charged in the shooting death of Jason Lee Pratz has been postponed until March 4.
The case against Rocco Jesse Zuccaro, 28, was continued at the request of Michael Nogay, his court-appointed attorney.
At a status hearing Tuesday, Nogay said he needed time for investigative work to be completed before the trial and asked for it to be postponed until late December or mid-January.
However, scheduling conflicts for First Judicial Circuit Court Judge Ronald Wilson and Brooke County Prosecutor Joseph Barki led to the the trial being moved to March.
The trial had been slated for Nov. 13.
In addition to granting the continuance, Wilson adjusted deadlines for various pre-trial motions to reflect the new trial date. Barki told the court he will need three to four days to present testimony.
Nogay said he's also awaiting a report on a psychological evaluation done to determine Zuccaro's competency to stand trial.
Zuccaro has pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder filed by the Brooke County Sheriff's Department in the shooting death of Pratz. Pratz was found dead in his home on Genteel Ridge on Feb. 19. Brooke County Sheriff Chuck Jackson said Zuccaro and Pratz were acquaintances but has not disclosed a motive for the shooting.
Since his arrest, Zuccaro has been held in the Northern Regional Jail on $1 million bond.