Pats on the Back
– To WVU Medicine/Reynolds Memorial Hospital for opening its new outpatient psychiatric service, at 1000 Wheeling Ave., Glen Dale. The services fills a gap created when Ohio Valley Medical Center shut down last year.
– To the staff at the Ohio County Public Library, for saving a variety of artifacts related to OVMC and its School of Nursing, which ceased operation in 1988.
– To St. Clairsville resident Dana Roscoe, who was a finalist in the Mrs. World Pageant last month in Las Vegas, for her involvement in many community projects. One of her priorities is bringing to the local area an initiative that “strives to inspire young girls to dream big, believe in themselves and to become girls of action within their schools and communities.”
– To the Wintersville Woman’s Club, which has offered to replace American flags displayed along the town’s Main Street.
– To Wheeling Hospital, for donating 12 ballistic vests worth $9,000 to the Wheeling Fire Department.